The EIPS Operations Guidelines: 2021-22 document outlines how schools are operating and the public-health measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Here is a guide to assist in determining when to keep your child home from school and when it’s safe to return:
Please visit eips.ca for further information.
COVID-19 Support Links
Parents – Talking to your Children about COVID - 19
• ADAA: How to Talk to Your Anxious Child or Teen About Coronavirus
• The Conversation: How to talk to your kids about COVID-19
• National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About COVID-19
• NASP: Countering COVID-19 Stigma and Racism
• Kids Health: Coronavirus: How to Talk to Your Child
• World Health Organization: Helping children cope with stress during the 2019-nCoV outbreak
• Child Mind.org: Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
• New York Times: 5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety About the Coronavirus
• International OCD Foundation: Here are some tips specifically for parents of youth with OCD:
• ADDitude – Inside the ADHD mind: How to Explain Coronavirus to a Child with Anxiety
• Psychology Today: How to Explain Coronavirus to a Child with Autism
• Brighter Horizons: Talking to Children about COVID-19
• PBS: How You and Your Kids Can De-Stress During Coronavirus
• National Child Traumatic Stress Network: Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus
• National Public Radio: Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
• Emotional Literacy Support Assistant: Book Chapter: Coronavirus Story for Children
• National Geographic: Talking to Your Kids about Coronavirus
• CDC: Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease
• American Psychological Association: Five Ways to View Coverage of the Coronavirus with a Podcast
• Kids help phone: https://kidshelpphone.ca/get-info/were-here-for-you-during-covid-19-novel-coronavirus/
Parents - Other
• KidsActivities.com: List of Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions
• HuffPost: 30 Parents Share Their Favorite At-Home Activities to Help Bored Kids
• Berliner Philharmoniker: 30-Day free access to the Digital Concert Hall
• Travelandleisure.com: 12 famous museums offering virtual tours
• McHARPER MANOR: Live DAILY free art tutorials
• TEDEd: TEDEd for free videos across all subject areas.
• NatGeokids.com: Activities, quizzes for younger kids.
• Duolingo.com: Learn languages for free, web or app.
• Storylineonline.net: Tip for Kids and Coronavirus
• Youtube: Hand Washing Video for Young Children
• Youtube: Hand Washing/Coughing (Cartoon) Video for Young Children
• UNICEF: How teachers can talk to children about coronavirus disease
• NASP: Responding to COVID-19: Brief Action Steps for School Crisis Response Teams
• NASP: Preparing for Infectious Disease Epidemics: Brief Tips for School Mental Health Professionals
• ACE’s Connection: Resilience During a Pandemic